Extended School Year (Summer) Teacher – Seasonal
Child’s Voice is seeking a Teacher of the Deaf or Hard of Hearing to provide education to students in the School Program. Age range of students is 3 – 8 years old. This will be for the ESY Program, starting on June 19 – July 20, 2017. Hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direct instructional services to the students in the location and time designated in language, speech, audition and academic areas of the curriculum.
- Provide appropriate supportive services to parents.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within limits of the resources provided by the program.
- Prepare lesson plans for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the Principal.
- Perform pupil supervision duties as required by the school.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certified Teacher of the Deaf in Illinois.
Please note, Child’s Voice is a listening and spoken language program and we do not utilize sign in our classrooms.
Preference given to LSLS Cert. AVEd educators.
This position is located at the Wood Dale location. Please click here to apply, include details of your interest and qualifications in the online application. Thank you!
VOLUNTEER – Child’s Voice Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of Child’s Voice serves as the governing body and custodian of Child’s Voice investments. Each member of the Board assumes the responsibility to initiate and establish policies governing Child’s Voice and to maintain a fiduciary responsibility over the financial affairs of the organization. Here is a listing of the roles & responsibilities of a Child’s Voice Board member. Individuals interested in joining the Board, should complete the application through the link below. Thank you!
- Support the mission, goals and objectives of Child’s Voice,
- Attend all Board and committee meetings. (75% minimum for Board meetings required),
- Serve on a committee of the Board and provide leadership to that committee,
- Financially contribute to Child’s Voice per the following methods,
- Each Board member is asked to contribute $1,000 annually,
- An additional $2,000 is requested in a “GET” of donations solicited and coordinated by the Board member. This encourages Board members to share their excitement and knowledge of Child’s Voice with others and to engage those in attendance at annual events.
- Attend both the annual Autumn Gala and Golf Tournament in support of Child’s Voice,
- Attend at least one (1) school function in an academic year (Winter Festival, Recognition Ceremony, Special Friends Day),
- Adhere to Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality policies at all times,
- Propose perspective Board members to aid in growth and diversity of the Board,
- Participate in governance of the Board including annual self-evaluation,
- Review Board meeting materials prior to the meeting to be informed in matters in need of discussion and/or voting,
- Express opinions and share expertise during discussions and debates, and speak with one voice regarding final resolutions and determinations of the Board,
- Promote Child’s Voice and its mission to increase public awareness, understanding and support of the organization in your professional and personal life.
VOLUNTEER – Snack/Recess Help
Volunteers are needed to staff snack & recess from September – May, Monday – Friday from 10:00 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
These volunteers will assist and support Teaching Assistants and Teachers through the snack and recess periods. This will include:
- Provide supervision to children,
- Assist in maintaining a calm and safe environment,
- Helping children open food items,
- Engaging students in play during recess,
- Speak and converse with students to stimulate conversation and language,
- And more.