The School Program at Child’s Voice offers a busy, full-day program for children ages 3-8 years old. All students have hearing loss and utilize their cochlear implant or hearing aid to gain access to sound.
Work Disguised as Play
- Students move between small group classrooms and a large group (10-12 students).
- Curriculum is aligned with Illinois Early Learning Standards and Common Core State Standards.
- Certified by the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Play-based learning, focused on necessary educational components while incorporating a concentration on listening and spoken language skills.
- Social sciences
- Self-Advocacy is taught to all students to increase their understanding of being deaf, their devices and what to expect when they transition to their home schools.
- To support our students in development of appropriate behavior and social/emotional skills, the School Program utilizes the “Positive Behavior Intervention & Supports” (PBIS) Program. PBIS offers universal behavior reinforcement focused on positive feedback, appropriate consequences and creating a safe, respectful and responsible environment for all students. Click here to view the Child’s Voice Bullying Policy.
For more information on the School Program, please email Principal Wendy Adler.