Babies that may need additional hearing testing are those who:
- Did not pass their initial Newborn Hearing Screening, (received a “refer” result),
- Were in a special care nursery or Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NCIU),
- Received mechanical ventilation,
- Were diagnosed with a syndrome associated with hearing loss,
- Were given medication that can harm hearing (IV antibiotics),
- Have a family history of hearing loss,
- Had a low birth weight and…
- If parents have concerns about a child’s hearing,
- If the child’s pediatrician suggests a hearing test.
At Child’s Voice, no sedation is used to administer the newborn/infant testing.
For more information on hearing re-screenings and diagnostic testing, please contact the Audiology Center at (630) 595-8200 or email the Center.